Cleaning and Disinfection
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces within the school and on school buses at least daily or between use as much as possible.
• Use of shared objects should be limited when possible, or cleaned between uses.
• Transport vehicles drivers will practice all safety protocols which include hand hygiene and cloth face coverings.
• Correct use and storage of cleaning and disinfection products.
• Drinking fountains will be cleaned and sanitized, but staff and students will be encouraged to bring their own water.
• Cleaning products will not be used near students.
• Staff will ensure that there is adequate ventilation when using these products.
• Sharing of items that are difficult to clean or disinfect will be discouraged.
• Student’s belongings will be separated.
• We will limit use of supplies and equipment by one group of students at a time and clean and disinfect between use.
• Sharing of personal electronic devices will be prohibited.
• Ventilation systems will operate properly and increase circulation of outdoor air as much as possible. No windows or doors will be left open if they pose a safety or health risk.
• Space seating/desks at least 6 feet apart when feasible.
• Turn desks to face in the same direction, or have students sit on only one side of tables, spaced apart.
• Create distance between children on school buses when possible.
Physical Barriers and Guides
• Physical barriers, such as sneeze guards and partitions, particularly in areas where it is difficult for individuals to remain at least 6 feet apart.
• Physical guides will be maintained, such as tape on floors, to ensure that staff and students remain at least 6 feet apart and “one way routes” in hallways will be enforced.
• Close communal use shared spaces such as dining halls and playgrounds will be cleaned and disinfected between use.
• Students will bring their own meals as feasible, or serve individually plated meals in classrooms instead of in a communal dining hall or cafeteria, while ensuring the safety of children with food allergies.
• Strict handwashing with soap and water after food contact will be enforced.
• Disinfection of surfaces after food contact is made.
• “Do not share” food policy among students will be enforced.
• Use of disposable food service items will be made. If disposable items are not feasible or desirable,
All non-disposable food service items will abe handled with gloves and washed.